Map Page
Page Index
What's New
Contact Us


The Plough School

(Gellifaelog Infants School)

Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil


Gellifaelog School established on the 'Plough' site by the Dowlais Iron Company in 1857.

Group 4 at the Plough School


Plough School Class IV Boys.

(Photograph Courtesy Dr Holley)




Class One - Gellifaelog School - 1914

(Photograph From The Merthyr Express)


Gellifaelog School - Standard 1A - 1914

Second row, extreme left is Ernest Ballam.

(Photograph Courtesy of Lynda Ballam)


Gellifaelog Infants School - Class 2 - 1914

Front row, fourth from right, is Muriel Prosser (nee Ballam)

(Photograph Courtesy of Lynda Ballam)


Gellifaelog Junior School - Standard 2A - 1914

Wilfred Ballam is pictured in the second row from front, sixth from the left.

(Photograph Courtesy of Lynda Ballam)


The Plough School

Families to be accommodated in Rocky Road houses

From the Merthyr Express (1st January 1927)


The old Plough Inn, later the Keir Hardie Memorial Hall.

(From the Merthyr Express)


Do you have any photographs or information about the Plough School?

If so, please email us, by clicking the 'Contact Us' button.


to Dowlais: Page 4

to Merthyr Tydfil's Schools