Map Page
Page Index
What's New
Contact Us


Quakers Yard

Merthyr Tydfil


Go to:


Quakers Yard


New Bridge Opening Ceremony - 1932

(Photograph Courtesy of Ann Wheldon)

  Quakers Yard River Taff and the New Bridge  

'The Two Bridges' - Quakers Yard

(Photograph Courtesy of Marion Billinghurst)


QuakersYardRiverTaffandNewBridge.JPG (169383 bytes)



New Bridge - Built 1925

The "Guy" bus was owned by Mr W E Evans, The Garage, Quakers Yard, and the gentleman in the milk float is said to be Mr Sam Jones, Coedrecoed Farm. 

(Photograph and Information Courtesy of Morton Davis)

  Quakers Yard Bridge - 1932  


Quakers Yard Bridge


The Old Tramroad Bridge

(Postcard Courtesy of Mrs Thomas, West Grove.)

Treharris_OldTramRoadBridge_MrsThomas.JPG (241938 bytes)


The Weir

(Postcard Courtesy of Mrs Thomas, West Grove.)

QuakersYard_TheWeir_MrsThomas.JPG (104722 bytes)

The Darren and the Quaker's Burial Ground

QuakersYard_TheDarrenAndQuakersBurialGround.jpg (290944 bytes)

Quakers Burial Ground

QuakersYard_BurialGround.JPG (95344 bytes)

Thomas & Evans Delivery - 1909

QuakersYard_ThomasAndEvansDelivery_1909.JPG (204848 bytes)


Fiddlers Elbow - Early 1900's

Anyone know what the occasion is?

QuakersYard_FiddlersElbow.JPG (193943 bytes)

Fiddlers Elbow

Fairview, Penlocks after the Tornado 27th October 1913


Click Here

For More Photographs

of the



Quakers Yard Viaduct and Truant School

(Postcard Courtesy of The Leo Davies Collection)

QuakersYard_ViaductAndTruantSchool_LeoDaviesCollection.JPG (223675 bytes)


The Truant School

(Photograph from the Ken Gunter Collection)


Click Here to Visit

Quakers Yard

High Level Station

The 11:19 Neath to Pontypool Road, Quakers Yard - 6th March 1958.

11-19am_neathToPontypoolRoad_QuakersYard_6_3_58.JPG (156402 bytes)


Click Here to Visit



Victoria Inn, Quakers Yard

Fiddlers Elbow, St Cynon's Church and School


Replacing the Bridge in Quakers Yard - December 1986

(Photographs Courtesy of Dick Edwards)


Quakers Yard - ROAB Rhymney Valley Football Team - 1984

Back Row L-R:      Kelvin Jones, Alan Baker, Paul Picton, Lee Minett, Daryle Owen & Gareth Evans.
Front Row L-R:     Neville Owen, Phillip Griffiths, Neil Bain, Wayne Baker, Howard Jackson & Nigel Minett.

(Photograph Courtesy of Gareth Evans)


Ladies of Bringerwn Avenue, Quakers Yard - Tug of War

For Prince Charles' Investiture - 1969

(Courtesy of Dick Edwards)

Ladies of Bringerwn Avenue, Quakers Yard - 1969

Back Row L-R: Mrs Andrews, Betty Collins, ?, Mrs Harrison, Mrs Morgan, Eileen Marshall, Mrs Lewis and Mrs Hale.

Front Row L-R: ?, Jean Edwards, Mrs Andrews, Barbra Morgans, ?, Mary Cox.

(Photograph Courtesy of Dick Edwards)


Mrs Hazel and her grandson Gwyn outside No. 1 Pentwyn roundabout, 1963.

(Photograph courtesy of Dick Edwards)

Graigberthllwyd before Leigh & Beddoe Terraces were built.


Do you have any photographs or information relating to Quakers Yard?

If so, please email us, by clicking the 'Contact Us' button.


Go to:

To The Map