Map Page
Page Index
What's New
Contact Us


Cefn Coed Station

B & M & L.N.W.R Joint Railway

  The B&M opened the line from Pontsticill Junction lo Cefn on 1st August, 1867, and began running into the Vale of Neath  station at Merthyr exactly one year later. Goods services between Merthyr and Brecon were withdrawn from 4th May, 1964, and the last traffic on the line, stone from Vaynor quarry, ceased in the autumn of 1966.  
Cefn Coed Station. Showing A busy scene.

cefnCoed_Station_B&M_enteringStation.JPG (79685 bytes)

Cefn Coed Station.

A sunny morning at Cefn Coed.

Arriving at the Station from Cefn Viaduct

CefnCoed_B&M_ComingOffCefnViaduct_C1920.JPG (91775 bytes)

Cefn Coed Station, B&M No 17 departing for Brecon.

cefnCoed_Station_B&MNo17_DepartingForBrecon.JPG (93523 bytes)

6400 Class 0-6-0 Pannier Tank with Autotrain from Merthyr heads for Abergavenny - October 1956.

6:30 pm Train pulling in to Cefn Station from Brecon

CefnCoed_B&M_ArrivingAtCefnCoed_C1920.JPG (120881 bytes)

B&M No 20 

CefnCoed_Station_B&MNo20_TakingWater.JPG (88183 bytes)

Train crossing Cefn Viaduct

cefnCoed_TrainOnCefnViaduct.JPG (175057 bytes)


Cefn Coed Station 1961.

(Photograph courtesy of Geof Matsell)

Cefn Coed Station - Class 14 Locomotive No. 9527 - February 1966

(Photograph Courtesy of Barry Morris)


Do you have any photo's of Merthyr Railways?