Map Page
Page Index
What's New
Contact Us


Brecon Beacons

Merthyr Tydfil

Beacons Reservoir

BeaconsReservoir.JPG (167954 bytes)

The Storey Arms Inn  - Demolished in 1924.

Skiers at the Storey Arms, taking advantage of the inclement Brecon Beacons weather.



A Day Trip to the Brecon Beacons - 1930

The coach belongs to Gough Brothers Buses - Merthyr Tydfil.

MerthyrTydfil_Buses_GoughBros_Beacons_1930s.JPG (158665 bytes)



Brecon, from the Storey Arms.

(Postcard Courtesy of Gale Judson)



Taff Fechan and the Beacons



Brecknock Beacons

BrecknockBeacons.JPG (76582 bytes)


Robert Fraser and his dad sledging by the Storey Arms,  Winter 1962/63.

(Photographs courtesy of Robert Fraser)

The Storey Arms AA Box, two AA patrolmen clearing a path through 10 feet of snow, in the Big Freeze of 1963.

Mary Burgess tells us the Patrolmen are her father W.E. Davey of Aberdare (foreground) and W. Morgan of Merthyr Tydfil.

BreconBeacons_StoreyArmsAABox_Jan-12th-1963.JPG (146591 bytes)


Another shot of the Storey Arms AA box.

(Courtesy of Robert Thomas, of West Grove.)


Do you have any photographs or information relating to the Brecon Beacons?

If so, please contact us, by clicking the 'Contact Us' button.

To the Map