Map Page
Page Index
What's New
Contact Us


Garden Street

Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil


Garden Street (left) and Ivor Street (right) - Early 1970's

(Photograph courtesy of The John Owen Collection)



Click Here

To visit the

Guest, Keen Bowls Club



Demolishing Garden Street, Dowlais in the 1970's

Demolishing the Old Guest Keen Baths, Garden Street.

(Photograph courtesy of the John Owen Collection)


Click Here To Visit

Dowlais Scout's Hut

Click Here to Visit the

GKN Bowls Club


The Wimborne Club and Institute - Garden Street

Opened in 1898 by Lord and Lady Wimborne and situated just below Dowlais House. It provided recreational activities for the Iron workers.


Garden street, Garden House, date not known, extreme right are the two Goats Head that at one time marked the entrance to

the Goat Mill at Dowlais Works, now at the Cyfarthfa Castle Museum.

(Photograph courtesy of the John Owen Collection)

Garden Street - Looking Towards Commercial Street





Dowlais Stables

This photograph was taken following the rebuild of the Stables during the 1980's. Showing Dr. Joseph Gross (Editor of the Merthyr Historian), who helped save the building.

(Photograph Courtesy of Dr. TF Holley)


Click Here

for More Photographs


Dowlais Stables


School Tuck Shop, Commercial Street.

(Photograph courtesy of the John Owen Collection)


Do you have any photographs or information relating to Garden Street, Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil?

If so, please contact us, by clicking the 'Contact Us' button.


To Map Page